Can jst - obd generic dash problems

Sniekers

JZX100 pnp (In an mx73 Cressida)  

First off was getting data through but only pushing one set of data when powered on (whatever the sensors were showing at that time) - this was before I put in a terminating resistor. 

*terminating resistor put in* 

Have plugged in a generic OBD reader and I’m seeing all the data I need (yellow light solid or super quick flash)  however, after a short and random period of time I’m losing that signal (yellow data light slow flashing) 

I’ve attempted to keep the bus busy with data through streams but that seems to just stop all data every time. 

I can get both the screen and reader to show data after opening the can setup changing something, changing it back then storing it, but this is only a refresh of the data at that exact point I don’t get to see any movement. 

This is a work in progress, I haven’t tested everything I’d like to. 

IMG_2733.jpeg

IMG_2732.jpeg

Is the bitrate set to 1mbit? The JZX CAN2 has the multiplex converter on it which runs at 1Mbit so anything connected will also need to use 1mbit.  Some OBD2 devices maynot support 1mbit.  

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Is the bitrate set to 1mbit? The JZX CAN2 has the multiplex converter on it which runs at 1Mbit so anything connected will also need to use 1mbit.  Some OBD2 devices maynot support 1mbit.  

Ahhh that’ll be it, is there a way to splice into CAN 1 H/L somewhere? 

Not easily.  There was a manufacturing oversight with the JZX100 adapter board which left CAN1 unconnected.  It could be done by soldering a couple of wire links in but that would want to be done by Link or someone experienced.  Does the device not have a selectable bitrate?

11 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Not easily.  There was a manufacturing oversight with the JZX100 adapter board which left CAN1 unconnected.  It could be done by soldering a couple of wire links in but that would want to be done by Link or someone experienced.  Does the device not have a selectable bitrate?

Unfortunately not, it’s just a $60 amazon OBD screen- super limited settings