My STOCK engine wont't start

RexSR20

Hi!

I am a experienced mechanic whi is noob in here (standalone ecus), I converted my stock SR20DE highport to COP (I using VAG 1.8t coils) with a SR20VE 20v CAS as triggers. I installed a NS15X ecu to run it but after config it, I cranked with a stroboscopic light and the spark was to offset at the pint that in the crank you cannot see any mark. With the CAS unbolted and turned adavanced like 90 degrees of thisnnatural position the engine starts 5 seconds an them stopped. I configured the trigger offset to 288 degrees and put then CAS on this natural position and voila, I have crank marks on what my ignition table marks for this rev/map values, but, the engine wont start... I already tested the COP one by one and the inyectors too, all seemed to be ok, as I said the engine started with the CAS out of this place, I have trigger, spark, fuel and the osciloscope seems to be ok....

I have to configurate the inyector tining or something? I am new on this and I am lost...

Also, I ran 7 bar internal map sensor (calibrated), nissan IAT (calibrated), TPS is calibrated, I have AFR but the engine its without exhaust manifold so its unplugged.

Thanks, I also speak Spanish 

Post up a copy of the tune, a log of starting, and capture a trigger log (click Capture while you're already cranking to capture a full 720 degrees rotation).

Injector timing should be negligible for startup.

Insert a high tension lead between your COP output and the spark plug and put your timing light on that lead. Timing lights that use the low voltage inputs to the coils don't always give you an accurate trigger.

With the CAS aligned in the factory position as per the service manual, the trigger offset would usually be around -90 to -100deg.  

288 probably means you are sparking at TDC exhaust stroke.  

21 hours ago, Laminar said:

Post up a copy of the tune, a log of starting, and capture a trigger log (click Capture while you're already cranking to capture a full 720 degrees rotation).

Injector timing should be negligible for startup.

Insert a high tension lead between your COP output and the spark plug and put your timing light on that lead. Timing lights that use the low voltage inputs to the coils don't always give you an accurate trigger.

Ok I will do a LOG in this week and send it here, I did the timing light trick with a old spark cable to verify the spark position, thanks anyway

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

With the CAS aligned in the factory position as per the service manual, the trigger offset would usually be around -90 to -100deg.  

288 probably means you are sparking at TDC exhaust stroke.

I swear that in the trigger offset menu I cant negative values, anyways with the timing light it marks the degrees that are on the table, I will try, thanks

8 hours ago, RexSR20 said:

I swear that in the trigger offset menu I cant negative values, anyways with the timing light it marks the degrees that are on the table, I will try, thanks

There is 720deg in a 4 stroke engine cycle.  The offset can be anywhere between -360 and +360. 

Because the crankshaft does 2 revolutions in an engine cycle, the timing light will show "correct timing" regardless of if you are sparking at TDC on the exhaust stroke or TDC on the compression stroke.  However then engine will only run if the spark is near TDC compression stroke.  

20 hours ago, Adamw said:

There is 720deg in a 4 stroke engine cycle.  The offset can be anywhere between -360 and +360. 

Because the crankshaft does 2 revolutions in an engine cycle, the timing light will show "correct timing" regardless of if you are sparking at TDC on the exhaust stroke or TDC on the compression stroke.  However then engine will only run if the spark is near TDC compression stroke.  

Yeah, the problem was this, I let on -82 degrees to match the crank pulley timing with the ignition table, so much thanks! The engine crank and starts properly!