Recommended knock settings for 3SGTE Gen3?

JB9

I've been looking into setting up knock control on my MR2, but figured that this must have been done many times before, so.. Could anyone recommend decent settings for use with the stock Toyota knock sensor setup? (Not just the filter setting, but a generic starting point for the rest as well, I mean).

Not sure if I'm worthless at searching, or if people aren't using knock control with the stock sensor.

The suggested filter settings table says something like "3SGTE with aftermarket Bosch sensor".

image.png.af78141dc9ac9541b7027cb4b0996f64.png

I tried running my 3sgte and another 3sgte on the stock sensor and it saturates the input (aka knock control becomes useless after a certain rpm and MAP).  Swap to a Bosch donut for more reliable and useful knock signal.

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/xrf/gshp/products_id/4518?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwuJ2xBhA3EiwAMVjkVNdLZLrzikQx3wQzBTUnt02IC3R80bi5IamVGhI2KTR8Z4DgRlankRoC5_4QAvD_BwE

I wired it to the single knock signal wire and then to the stud for ground.  Maybe not perfect, but seems to read well, and consistent.

45C96098-B09F-427F-870D-83D286BA1578.jpeg

Agree with INSW20, the stock sensor is not suitable, I assume the Toyota ECU must have a much lower impedance input or some other form of attenuation to bring it down to a usable voltage.    

Ok, great. thanks guys! Will get a sensor and see if I can adapt the OE wiring without having to cut off the OE connector from the harness. I wonder what the corresponding plug for the Toyota connector would be...

Also: Any pointers for a starting point on the other settings (window length, gain, etc) for these engines with that sensor?