Ford Duratec 2.3 no spark HELP!!

Maui007

here you go and thank you for your time.

Trigger Scope - 2024-04-26 9;28;50 am.llgx

Just so you know Adamw the car came to me running and it drove here to me to get tune. However the ecu was password protected so I had to build a new map and loaded into the ecu. I did saved the original map. It runs on the original map but had a drivability issue and the owner wants it retuned!?!?

The trigger scope shows the crank wheel is not 36-1.  The scope hasnt captured two cam revolutions so its a bit hard to tell confidently what it has, but it looks almost like it does still have 36 teeth, but just none missing?  I guess it could be 60-2, but the compression pulses look like they are roughly 18teeth apart which suggests it is more like 36 teeth. 

Is the trigger wheel on the front of the engine or internal?    

I would suggest you remove that tooth, it will never work well like that.  In fact I suspect the "drivability issue" it had previously was quite likely due to that trigger wheel rather than a tune issue. 

The problem with no missing teeth on a high tooth count wheel is the cam sensor is what provides the index position.  When you have 36 teeth, there are only 10 degrees between teeth, this means your cam can only drift a maximum of 5 crank deg or 2.5 cam degrees before it will cross a crank tooth and cause a trigger error.  That is not enough tolerance for typical engines.  

If you have a missing tooth crank wheel, then the missing tooth provides the index, the position of the cam tooth is no longer critical and can move around without causing an error.