R32 GTR Link Thunder running on 4 cylinders

Webbster84

Has anyone ever had an issue or know if there is anything in the ecu setting that would cause the engine to run on 4 cylinder (1,2,3,4 working 5,6 not)? It’s setup as a 6 cylinder and the firing order is correct, If I do an injector test and coil test through the ecu they all operate correctly, if I test the injectors with a noid light they are working when cranking, tried a plug in each coil out of the engine and they are all sparking and iv even do a compression test on the cylinders (fresh engine build)

You've got antilag and cyclic idle active all the time so I would be leaning towards that before seeing the log.  Gearshift control and launch have some pretty odd settings also, so I would turn those off for now.  

I dont see anything in the log that suggests Cyl 5 & 6 are being treated any differently to any others.  

A couple of thoughts:

1. There is a crap ton of fuel being injected.  ~30% duty cycle to idle at 2500rpm is about 10X more than I would expect.  Does it improve if you reduce master fuel?
  2. There appears to a fuel supply issue, your fuel pressure drops away whenever the injector PW increases.  It drops all the way down to 30Kpa just after start up when crank enrichment etc was active.  It returns to 250Kpa shortly after, but later in the log as RPM comes up the fuel press drops to ~100Kpa. 
  3. The 5Bar MAP sensor calibration is pretty uncommon, do you have one of the variohm/Link 5 bar stainless sensors?   
  4. Have you confirmed base timing?  

Hi Adam,

I have found the problem with the running on 4, it turned out that the coil wiring for 5 and 6 was wrong but I will check some of the other things you noted now I can run the engine for longer, I didn’t have the vacuum line on the fuel pressure regulator at the time I took the log, iv got a load more things to check now it runs on 6 lol it is a Syltech map sensor