PDM and CAN Keypad

alminc

I am working to setup a CAN Keypad and a PDM on a customer drift car.

I need some help with the setup.

Setting up a lift pump and pump 1 to run on a high side output on Output 1 

Setting up pump 2 to run on a high side output on Output 2

Setting up pump 3 to run on a high side output on Output 3

Setting up a water pump on a high side output on Output 4

Setting up a start/stop button on the CAN keypad to send a high side output start signal to the starter on ADIO 1

Setting up a two brushless fans the PWM signal only on ADIO 2 & 3

Setting up an Accusump solinoid valve on ADIO 4

Setting up tail lights, brake lights and underglow on ADIO 5,6 & 7

Output 1-4 will be controlled by the Link G4x Fury

ADIO 2 & 3 will be controlled by the Link G4x Fury via PWM (The highside of the fans will be connected directly to the battery)

ADIO 4 will be controlled by the Link G4x Fury via Low side switch to feed oil to the engine and turbo to prime the system prior to startup.  I would also like to set up a table to feed the engine oil if oil pressure drops below a predetermined level.

ADIO 5 will be controlled by the Link G4x Fury via DI 8 on a ground switch signal.

Still working on a plan for ADIO 6 to control the headlights and tail lights from the CAN Keypad. (Ideas gladly accepted)

Also working on a plan to control the rear underglow lights via the CAN Keypad. (Ideas gladly accepted)

PDM file and Tune file attached.

Thank you for your assistance,

Jim

Jason 2JZGTE.4.pclx Jason PDM 4.pdmc

I figured out most of the setup to get the Link G4x Fury to communicate with the CAN Keypad and the PDM.

A few questions left to answer.

I have used all of the available CAN Functions and have CAN AUX 1-8 working.  Output 1-4 and ADIO 1-4

I am using AIDO 5 for Tail Lights, AIDO 6 for Brake Lights, AIDO 7 for Underglow lights

The Brake Lights will be accuated by DI-8 on a ground side switch.  How do I command the PDM for that?

The Tail Lights are controlled by CAN Keypad Button 7 and turn on Aux4 through CAN DI 2  How do I connand the PDM for that?

Underglow should be the same setup as Tail Lights I would assume. (That is the least of my concerns)

Last question:

I had the water pump running on the G4+ Storm through timer 1 and timer 2, Virtual AUX 1 and Virtual AUX 2 on a GP Output on AUX 4.

The G4x Fury seams to have a different setup for Virtual AUX.  Can anyone help me imulate the same setup from the G4+ Storm into the G4x Fury?

I feel like I am very close to wrapping my head around how everything communicates.

Thank you for any assistance and I hope this helps others.

Jim

Jason PDM 6.pdmc Jason 2JZGTE.8.pclx dec 2 tune 4 adj1.pclr

5 hours ago, alminc said:

I have used all of the available CAN Functions and have CAN AUX 1-8 working.  Output 1-4 and ADIO 1-4

I am using AIDO 5 for Tail Lights, AIDO 6 for Brake Lights, AIDO 7 for Underglow lights

I believe the next release will have another 4 can functions in the PDM

5 hours ago, alminc said:

The Brake Lights will be accuated by DI-8 on a ground side switch.  How do I command the PDM for that?

GP output to convert it to a can aux or custom ECU CAN which mimics generic CAN stream and sends the DI status in place of a CAN Aux status. Might even be easier just to use a gp delay (in the digital inputs -> gp inputs menu) with 0 on and off delays instead of using a gp output.

6 hours ago, alminc said:

I had the water pump running on the G4+ Storm through timer 1 and timer 2, Virtual AUX 1 and Virtual AUX 2 on a GP Output on AUX 4.

The G4x Fury seams to have a different setup for Virtual AUX.  Can anyone help me imulate the same setup from the G4+ Storm into the G4x Fury?

The image below mimics exactly how it worked in your G4+ tune.

Capture.thumb.PNG.f1fa57130c47662e4d8f2749aa5824d3.PNG

Thank you for your quick response.

I am not sure I understand how to setup brake and tail lights with your explanation.

The water pump picture was very helpful and allowed me to setup the water pump control.

I have a way to go to be able to test the water pump strategy but based on the picture you sent it looks correct.

Attached are my updated files.

Jim

Jason PDM 6.pdmc Jason 2JZGTE.9.pclx

So if you're already using 8 CAN Aux's from the ECU to control PDM pins you'll need to wait until the next update to get another 4 CAN Functions in the PDM.

to convert a digital input in the ECU into a CAN Aux so that you can use the built in CAN stream in the ECU to tell the PDM the status of that pin you could use a GP Delay or a gp output, examples for both are pictured below.

For the tail lights you would just setup the keypad in the ECU with a simple button for the tail lights and use the same style of trick to convert the CAN DI to a CAN Aux.

The slightly more complicated option of custom ECU to PDM CAN would be to replicate the built in CAN mode but use the DI status in place of the CAN Aux status, I can explain this method better with pictures if you want to do it this way.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 115147.png

Screenshot 2024-05-09 115435.png

Thank you for the additional information.

When I try to setup the GP Delay and the GP Output the way you have it pictured, it will not let me put the same CAN Aux Output in the Output area of both GP Delay and GP Output.  You have your OutPut set to CAN Aux 1 in your GP Delay as well as your GP Output.  I can have my CAN Output in either GP Delay or GP Output but not both.  When I try I get a warning popup that states:  (GP Output is already connected to CAN Aux.  Would you like to disconnect GP Output.)

Also how do you setup the PDM to recieve that command from the ecu and turn on the output?

Thanks for helping me work this out.

you will need to use a different CAN Aux for each function you want, the pictures are two different examples and you don't need to do both of them for any one function.

So do either the gp delay or the gp output for each function you want and use a different CAN Aux for each function.

Getting the PDM to receive it is the same as getting the PDM to receive any other output from the ECU such as the fans, fuel pumps etc But if you have already used all 8 CAN functions in the PDM then you will need to wait for the next PDMLink update to get an extra 4 CAN functions.