CAN to Bluetooth adapter to external Tablet.

Maritza

Hi! I'm on my way to install an extra tablet to my FuryX on a Toyota Supra MK4.
As I understand, It's possible to connect a tablet with the RealDash application (it supports LinkECU?) to Android tablets and that I'll get the possibility to make custom design and parameters for my own wish. I'll also save the oem instrument dash.

My plan is to connect a CAN to Bluetooth module which I'll connect my tablet to and my question is:
Does it need to be SPLeinonen Dashbox, or can I use ECUMaster Can to Bluetooth device, or which one do you prefer?
On Realdash webiste, I can only see SP Leinonen is supported as a CAN to BT module.

Also, is it RealDash app I need or do you have other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
/Marre

The OBDLINK MX+ uses bluetooth and is well supported in realdash.  Probably the most polished/reliable option:  https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-mxp/

Or the MeatPi WiCAN OBD can do Bluetooth or wifi.  Cheaper but more DIY level, you will probably stumble on a few more bugs etc but seems to be generally good:  https://www.meatpi.com/products/wican

Thanks!

Then I guess I need to make an OBD connector from the ecu that I can plug it into? The oem is not available anymore since the enginebay is shaved (it was located there). Do you still recommend OBD device with BT instead of a CAN to BT module in my case?

Do you have any wiring diagram for wiring OBD to the Fury or any other tip on how to wire that up? As I understand, CAN H & L, +12V and gnd? I remember seeing a diagram somewhere here…

I’ll check out the MX+. I prefer reliability as you say :)

Regards

8 minutes ago, Maritza said:

Do you still recommend OBD device with BT instead of a CAN to BT module in my case?

Both of these devices do direct CAN to BT, they are not just OBD2 dongles.  OBDLink has all normal OBD2 scan tool functions, but when used with realdash it talks directly in CAN just like a USB or other CAN tool, it doesnt use OBD2 commands at all in this case. 

Wiring below.  Note the ground doesnt need to be signal ground, chassis ground is fine, it is only used for power in this case.  

CddxN8u.png