Auxiliary Output For Intercooler Fan (G4X - TST185X)

BenAmr2turbo

Hi, I'm trying to setup an auxiliary output for my Intercooler fan control relay, but every time I plug in the relay Aux 8 turns red with ''Fault'' or ''Far Fault'' and the fan does not operate.

What does ''Far Fault'' mean? and am I doing anything wrong? Aux 8 goes Straight to the usual normally open relay pin 85 (86 is ground for the intercooler loom)

Aux 8 originally was for ''CE Light'' Which was showing as active but ECU has ''No Errors''

Setup as a ''GP Output 4''

Does the ''Active State'' need to be ''high'' or ''low'' ?

With ''Driver type'' set as -  ''low side'' ?

Still getting my head around the software

Thanks,

Ben

I found this..

30 = fused permanent feed from battery
87 = output to device (fan, etc)
86 = SWITCHED 12v feed - this should ONLY have power when ignition/main relay etc is switched on
85 = ECU Aux Output

then this..

The output drives to ground not to 12V so you will need an ignition switched power supply on 85 rather than a ground

So i guess that solves my problem! 

I'd offer help but it appears you don't need it.  Also there is no intercooler fan factory on the ST185.  Mr2s have intercooler fans (engine bay cooling fan).  Is this on an MR2?  I've put a relay in the trunk on those that supplied the ground to the fan via a relay in the trunk instead of the little control ecu that's there.

EDIT: read your name and it's clear to me now it's an MR2 Turbo.