Issues with PC Link USB drivers install

BTBeamsCelica

Hello all, I am having issues installing the USB drivers for the G4X/G5 Software (I bought a G4X Altezza Link ECU).

I installed it on my home PC and everything worked fine, it's detecting the ecu and all, but I can't really use it on there as I have to be in the car.

So I grabbed myself the old Notebook from my brother (it's an Hyrican Study Pad One).

It was running on Win10 x64 and as I tried installing the software it said when finished "You must run the x64 bit Version of dpinst.exe ...".  So I went into the Link folder with the USB drivers and tried opening the Installer as 64bit and it didn't let me open it.

So I upgraded to Win11 in hope of fixing the issue. And it kind of did as now I was able to start the installer in 64bit, but then it said "Installation failed". Then I've read something about "disabling driver signature verification" with advanced startup. After doing that I was able to start the installer and it said everything was ok and installed, but if I plug in the ecu it still shows the yellow triangle and says there are no drivers installed for it.

Is there an error code in the Device properties?

Someone on one of the Link Facebook groups had a similar issue a few weeks back, Windows was reporting an "Object already exists" error in the 'Device Status' pane.
They had to manually select a COM Port in the Device 'Advanced' properties to resolve the issue.

Likely similar to this:

image.thumb.png.af2600885e4a6f98af7b3318602b4d98.png

The only time I have seen the driver installer error is with macbooks which have an arm processor.  Some of the lowcost windows tablets are now using arm processors also, so I suspect this is what you have.  Not officially supported by PC Link but with a bit of faffing around you can make it work. There is some guidance in this thread: 

18 hours ago, jdniss said:

Is there an error code in the Device properties?

Someone on one of the Link Facebook groups had a similar issue a few weeks back, Windows was reporting an "Object already exists" error in the 'Device Status' pane.
They had to manually select a COM Port in the Device 'Advanced' properties to resolve the issue.

No it does not look like that, it shows up as "other devices" in the device manager but has a yellow triangle (error) sign attached to it.

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

The only time I have seen the driver installer error is with macbooks which have an arm processor.  Some of the lowcost windows tablets are now using arm processors also, so I suspect this is what you have.  Not officially supported by PC Link but with a bit of faffing around you can make it work.

Yeah that could be the problem. I think it is running with an arm processor. I tried doing some of the steps of the link you showed but I can't do an advanced startup, it asks for a bitlocker recovery key, which I don't know/have. Only option is to completely reset the PC and boot Windows with an USB, but that could take a while.

3 hours ago, BTBeamsCelica said:

No it does not look like that, it shows up as "other devices" in the device manager but has a yellow triangle (error) sign attached to it.

The image I posted was generic;

Is there an error message on your machine in the "General" tab, if you double-click the USB device with the yellow triangle on it?
It might help narrow the issue down.

Here:

image.png.27809ff4c0b9962fc05a278c669c5874.png

6 hours ago, jdniss said:

Is there an error message on your machine in the "General" tab, if you double-click the USB device with the yellow triangle on it?

It only states: There are no drivers installed for this device