350z auto idle drop

kevin p

Hi,

I'm having an issue when coming to a stop with a 350Z auto. The engine drip below the target idle when coming to a stop. 

I attached a file and log for viewing.

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MSENy41zjvX6_eYYbsFuzjTki3VqZwbC/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bEM0XDtbKhmKo9lS9HrQnbsaBKDE8iYg/view?usp=drive_link

Assuming the idle base position is correct for idling in neutral, then it will likely need some gear/drive offset.  You can check this by noting the reported idle position when idling in neutral then shift into D and watch what the idle position moves to to achieve the target speed (give it a few seconds to stabilise).  The difference between these 2 positions would be what you enter as the gear drive offset.  You can also add an idle up if you find it labours too much at the normal target.

8cRXAd3.png 

After looking carefully at the more logs, I found that the torque management was kicking and causing the idle dip and oscillating during engine cut.

Hope this helps for anyone who's having the same issue.

Thanks

4 hours ago, kevin p said:

After looking carefully at the more logs, I found that the torque management was kicking and causing the idle dip and oscillating during engine cut.

No, it is overrun fuel cut kicking in and out.  The deactivation RPM needs to be higher, lower the APS threshold to 0.5% and give it more retard - say about -15deg and see if that helps.  

The big change in ign timing in this area exaggerates the effect also, taking the deactivation RPM up to about 1500 will probably mitigate this but if not you may have to smooth this area out. 

rsjAmk2.png