Mazda GTX first start base map

Madazdagtx

Hey all I'm new to this whole link ordeal and just wondering if anyone has a base map for a GTX so I can at least start it before taking it to get tuned so I know it runs and less time for tuner to spend doing all the basics. Also I have read that I might possibly have to run a different trigger wire to fuel pump relay? could someone elaborate more on what else I need to do wiring wise other than my IAT sensor. Also for boost control do I need an aftermarket solenoid? Just in the final few steps before being able to get it back on the road and driving.

Any help is appreciated cheers

Use the MX5 1.6 base map, change ignition mode to distributor.  In analog inputs>throttle position, set TPS source to AN Volt 1 and do a calibration. 

As far as I know no changes are needed to the fuel pump wiring if you are sticking with the batch fire injectors.  In aux outputs>fuel pump control set fuel pump relay output to Injector 3. 

For boost control I dont know much about the factory solenoid but many old JDM ones dont do much so you will likely need to replace it.  The only way to know is to give it a try.  Assign boost PWM output to Ignition 2. 

I have seen a couple of different triggers used in the BPT distributors, try the MX5 trigger mode first, but if that gives no RPM or erratic RPM when cranking then change it to multi-tooth mode like below.  

bfdEJpE.png

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

For boost control I dont know much about the factory solenoid but many old JDM ones dont do much so you will likely need to replace it.  The only way to know is to give it a try.  Assign boost PWM output to Ignition 2.

bfdEJpE.png

Yeah everything is still factory and I did some more reading up about it shortly after posting this and found a website saying boost solenoid needs changing so ordered a link one last night for it. I am going to try and getting it running again this weekend and I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks a lot for your help Adam 

12 hours ago, Adamw said:

I have a expansion harness plugged into this plug for my IAT sensor. Can I use any of the other pins for the boost controller or do I need to buy another harness and utilise both plugs?

IMG20240529204415.jpg

There are no outputs on that expansion connector, only inputs.  The easiest option would be to wire the new boost solenoid to the factory boost solenoid wiring that is already in the engine bay.   

On 5/29/2024 at 11:11 PM, Adamw said:

There are no outputs on that expansion connector   

I did just connect it to factory wiring and was able to fire it up last night. I changed triggers like you said. Only problem is fault code 64 from the iat. From what I understand they are not polarity sensitive and shouldn't matter what way I wire it? Hooked it up to sground and red temp input and is having a cry about something. I put a Deutsch plug by the ecu to plug iat in could that be my issue?