Knock system hitting TPS delta lockout mid-pull despite no reported change in TPS value

ac123

I'm having an issue where my knock control is cutting out mid-pull due to the TPS delta exceeding the ~5% setting i was trying at the time. I was having an issue where I was getting knock threshold violations when letting off the gas, so I turned this setting on but now I see it getting triggered in the middle of a pull where I haven't moved the gas at all, again causing (false) knock events.

TPS is reported to remain at 100% throughout the pull so I don't see how this is being triggered since I'm not moving my foot at all.

I'm unable to attach the log file because the 4000kb file size exceeds the 28kb the forum says I'm allowed to attach.

Notice the dip in knock threshold towards the end of the pull and the knock system status reports 'Lockout - TPS Delta', but the TPS % and An Volt 2 (TPS) are reported to remain unchanged.

It's an MR2 link v1 plug-in (g4x) on the latest current firmware.

7gRpXkH.png

• ac123 changed the title to Knock system hitting TPS delta lockout mid-pull despite no reported change in TPS value
1 hour ago, Adamw said:

TPS (main) runtime is filtered and clamped, you should be looking at the "TPS Delta" runtime.  

Ahh ok I will try to get another run captured later today. I was able to get a run showing the tps and tps voltage flat (1000hz logging) while the knock system really freaked out with the tps delta. If the tps voltage is flat, where could the craziness be coming from for tps delta? I'm not sure exactly how it's calculated internally.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11TvMERmrRlqag-xfONJ8neXbKVRlV9ru?usp=sharing

mlGy3gn.png

9 hours ago, ac123 said:

If the tps voltage is flat, where could the craziness be coming from for tps delta?

It is not flat if you zoom in more.

hWrr1cS.png

Your TPS delta lockout is currently set to 1.5%/20ms, which is way too low, some cars will have this much TPS noise just at steady state idle.  A typical transient event would be more like 20 or 30%/20ms.  Usually for knock control I just leave the TPS delta lockout set to zero unless I have a car that gives a big false knock event when you lift off at high speed.  

15 hours ago, Adamw said:

It is not flat if you zoom in more.

hWrr1cS.png

Your TPS delta lockout is currently set to 1.5%/20ms, which is way too low, some cars will have this much TPS noise just at steady state idle.  A typical transient event would be more like 20 or 30%/20ms.  Usually for knock control I just leave the TPS delta lockout set to zero unless I have a car that gives a big false knock event when you lift off at high speed.  

Thank you!! Sounds like it’s nothing to worry about then.