G4+ TurboLamik TCU Integration

RKGarage

Apologise if this has been covered before.

Looking to ZF8HP convert my car. I want to use the turbolamik controller as then I can have a clutch and handbrake still.

Is it possible to have that controller intergrated with a G4+ Thunder?

Their website states G4X, not sure if that is concrete or they didn't consider G4+/G5 in the Link series.

Cheers

• RKGarage changed the title to G4+ TurboLamik TCU Integration

Yeah it can be done, G4+ isnt quite as flexible with how you do variable cuts over CAN but these gearboxes dont need much torque reduction anyway, you can do something like retard only for mild shifts then for heavy shifts you can switch to retard with some fixed cut added or similar.

The Turbolamik documentation is a bit lacking but I have helped a few users set up the ecu side successfully before.  Attach your ecu and tcu configs when closer and I would be happy to set up the basics.

Awesome, cheers for the response.

I'm months away before I would be even close to going ahead with it. Still need to find out where I can get adapters and everything to suit an 3.8L Australian Ecotec/L67. Just doing all the research that I can beforehand.

Cheers

• 2 months later...