fury for 8 cylinder?

yardpro

i just ordered an extreme because it looked as if the fury was only for 6 cylinders.  then i read on here that people are using them with ls3'S.

lol, that just confused me more....  im swapping an ls3 into my cayman. would love the built in wideband of the fury.  or is it just as easy to add the wideband to the extreme?

Wasted spark ignition means you wire a pair of coils to a single ignition output on the ecu.  You pair cylinders that fire 360deg apart so that when one cylinder fires near TDC compression, the other cylinder will get a spark near TDC exhaust stroke at the same time.  The coils fire every 360deg rather than every 720.  This spark on the exhaust stroke does nothing hence the term "wasted spark".  With G4X you can still do individual cylinder knock control and ignition trims etc with wasted spark ignition, so really the only negative is your coils fire twice as often so they will run a bit hotter.  

For Lambda with an extreme you would use an external wideband controller.  It is actually nice to have 2 lambdas for a V engine especially if it has 2 tail pipes and no X pipe, so that may be something to consider.  

looks like that's the route im going to go. 

also wanted to thank you for putting up some info on another thread for the ls3. it was a huge help to get things in the ballpark.   im going to be trying to do my first startup this weekend.. 

i will not have a maf or 02 yet, just making sure it cranks and runs on an engine stand before it goes into the car.