Invisible iat??

Subiflow

Hi guys, getting to the gist of it, I have a v4 WRX with a link plug and play with a tune from a reputable company according to previous owner. Bought car with blown engine etc has been rebuilt and is still running on the same old tune with a smaller turbo td04. Old turbo was a vf22 which it was tuned on. It is running mafless, with no iat in sight but it has an iat readout while running/ignition on. No o2 sensor and boost solenoid wiring is broken. I have added an aem X series wideband to see the readouts etc to get an idea of how it's running, it has had this set up for almost 3 years, done 3000ish on it. It has been running and driving okay/no major issues with it. Has been very reliable. Getting to my problem, I have been wanting/trying to get a base tune on it, to tune it but I get error 46 and my fans turn on and again there is no iat at all, I'm sure of it as I did the rebuild on it but it's reading it off of somewhere from the old tune and I don't know what I should use to get the readout for the iat when setting up the base map.

Fans are controlled by ECT, not IAT.  If the fan comes on using the base map but not the original map then it is probably one of the active state settings in the fan settings.  You can use the file compare function to highlight the differences between the 2 maps.

Error 46 would be expected with no IAT sensor connected.  You will need an IAT, there is no safe way to tune a turbo car without one. 

Yeah, I thought that would be the case and sorry, I forgot to add that the previous tune is locked and fans turn on as soon as a standard base map from the link catalogue is loaded on the ecu. Stock coolant temp gauge isn't affected.