Can fault 128

Twinturboliam

Hi there, have a problem with the can bus on my link g5 Evo 1-3 plugin 

Its a new installation I'm trying to get my aim strada mxs to work and haltech dual wideband but, when ever connected to can 1 or 2 it's throws up error code 128 

There's 122ohms resistance between both pins on both can 1 and 2 at the ecu and the final connection point, continuity tested fine also no solder joints just dtm connectors 

And both don't equal to 5v  - 2.3 and 2.3 which is a idle network  normally I'd fault a ecu if they didn't equal 5v or potential wiring corrosion but this is a new cable install 

I do electrical testing and installation on trucks and used to testing can bus. 

Even with the plugs disconnected it still shows this fault code until I reload the base map 

I don't have any additional 120 ohm resistors in the circuit because I used this dash in my last car with a emerald ecu without resistors, is this OK or my reasoning for no communication 

I've read as many threads as possible, I'm limiting it to just the dash only to. Minimalise problems, I have tried firmware reinstall, obviously map reinstall, I'm using the jst4 connector from link, into the ecu 

Kind regards liam

see attached , this car hasn't even been started yet so the maps not really touched

i have a earlier aim strada mxs around 2020 theres no resistor in the amp plug but i measured 123 ohms with the plug disconected 

and ignition off across can hi and lo 

can fault.png

gtomap.pclx

That 128 is referring to 128 failed attempts to transmit on the CAN bus and the other errors suggest nothing is connected to that CAN bus. That being said I can't tell if those runtimes are for CAN 1 or CAN 2 so you're probably best to look in the runtime view (F12) CAN tab and look to see if any errors are being shown in CAN 2 while everything is plugged in.

You can also check the Lambda 1 Status and Lambda 1 Error runtime statuses to see if any values are being received from the CAN Lambda.

On 6/12/2024 at 8:25 AM, Twinturboliam said:

I'm using the jst4 connector from link, into the ecu

You mean the 5pin one right?  I dont think the JST4 would even plug in to that ecu.  Be aware also the pinout of the 4pin DTM plug is different for the haltech device, so make sure you have all matched up correctly.  From memory the 12V and ground are the same, just the CAN H/L are swapped - but confirm that yourself.  

There are a couple of settings in your map that I would change:

1. In the CAN setup, for the channel set to "Transmit Link MXS", you have the transmit rate set to 1Hz, change this to 20Hz.  I know the older Aim dashes wouldnt work at 1Hz, although I've never tried on the newer ones. 
  2. In >Analog Inputs>Lambda 1, the lambda sensor control needs to be set to "Link CAN".  

Sorry yes I must of meant the 5 pin white plug, for the minute I've removed using the haltech lambda out of the equation until I can get the dash to talk I will try change the rate and see if any problems and  Vaughan if I disconnect both can 1 and 2 those errors stay unless I put a fresh map on and then come on when I plug it back in to the plug 

Got this sorted thanks for your help guys not sure what cured it, I did change the race studio 3 settings too a different ecu protocol the lcc one, wiring I left alone it did have the 60ohms when I tested it with both connected 

And I changed settings to 20hz