Relocation of 02 sensor

don17

Engine is 2JZGE-T single turbo JZA80, I've made a new downpipe pipe for the car and I've moved the 02 sensor further down the down pipe and now the car is running more rich than normal, is there a way of compensating for the position of the o2 without a retune ?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vap4fj72kxk00wbyd7dc1/Screenshot_20240616_105156_Gallery.jpg?rlkey=x2gxxtwpqm7c7awog2tp3d9x4&st=gsb2w5mj&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/a4rov0des9x6dsw5h1frr/Screenshot_20240616_105047_Gallery.jpg?rlkey=3pe5kotduf8am4azp50b5pg1m&st=8u3qhfdj&dl=0

If everything is correct, like sensor is good and is the same, ecu is doing the same as before, no corrections etc. Then the o2 should show you the same, the only time that you can see a different reading from the sensor if the sensors see or is affected by pressure, you will have pressure on the downpipe, and that will affect the reading of the o2, by how much I do not know. For example a o2 sensors on the downpipe could show you .82 and if you put that same sensor on the exit of the exhaust (on the back of the car for example) where there is no pressure on the exhaust, you will see .85 lambda.

17 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Or possibly there was a small air leak somewhere before which has since been corrected.

This is very possible, anyway to adjust the 02 target table without a full retune ?

Is it actually running richer or just reading richer though?  Assuming the tune hasnt changed then it was probably always running rich. 

Have you got a log from before and after? 

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

Is it actually running richer or just reading richer though?  Assuming the tune hasnt changed then it was probably always running rich. 

Have you got a log from before and after? 

Tune hasn't changed and yes it is running richer, alot richer. I don't have a log before I can get a log how it is now

Post a log of it running now and a copy of the tune.  Moving the O2 sensor a small amount should have little to no effect on the typical tune set up.  You likely have some other issue.