Dual EGT via ECU switch board V3 and Link G4x P&P RX7S6

Khomas

Hello all,

I start to install and configure my ECU on my RX7 FD, I could make the first start, everything is ok except the EGT informations

I used all the inputs (Exp loom included) from the G4x for others sensors, so I bought an Ecumaster switch board V3 to add 2 EGT inputs, and followed the tutorial in the Help Section of the software, but I still can't get the informations from the sensors, I tried to plug them in the classic"An volt" inputs by switching with others sensors and I got the informations, so I guess sensor and wiring are ok

In Can Setup, Mode tab, I choose CAN1, user defined, and 500kbit/s, OBD on OFF
In Data Channel I choose Receive User Stream 1, put 1600 in ID in normal format

In Streams Tab I clicked on Stream 1, load stream and Open the "Ecumaster switchboard V3 receive stream 1 use ID1600.lcs"

And I don't know what I have to do after to make it work, I configured the "GP Temperature 1" with associated Cal Table like others sensors, choose the source on "Can AN 1"

For informations I didn't modify the switch board, ID, speed and Termination jumper are still open

I attached every informations to explain

Thanks for your support !

Cal Table setup.PNG

Cal Table.PNG

CAN setup Mode.PNG

Can setup Streams.PNG

GP TEMP 1.PNG

switchboardManual.pdf

It would be better to attach your tune file and a log.  Your basic setup looks ok based on your pictures.  I assume you have an EGT amplifier connected to the switch board?

What voltage is CAN An 1 reporting?

Ok here is the tune, for the log here is one when engine is not running, the car can't stay at idle at the moment (not because of the tune/ECU)

Yes I have an EGT amplifier, this one https://www.reveltronics.com/downloads/datasheet/EGT-K-datasheet_en.pdf

I switched the afr and EGT signal to test, EGT report 0.08V (so approximately 20°C) when it's plugged in an volt 4, but the AFR still report 0V  when plugged to the switch board,

So Can An 1 is reporting 0V in both case

RX7 essai carto.pclxPC Datalog - 2024-06-18 3;06;43 pm.llgx

Your stream is set up incorrectly in your map and you have both CAN 1 and CAN 2 receiving the same stream, so they will be overwriting each other.   Turn off CAN 2, and in user stream 1 change the frame ID position to None as it originally was in your picture above.  

FDzk79r.png

1 hour ago, Khomas said:

It's done, but it's the same result, Can An 1 still report 0V

Your ECU config is correct now as far as I can see.  I tested on the bench in an ecu using the same old firmware version you are running, sending 00FF on ID 0x640, the ecu correctly receives 0.255V on CAN AN1.  

ZC9Eicg.png

Your log shows no CAN errors on CAN1, so this generally indicates there is data on the bus at the right bit rate.  Is the switchboard set up for the default "V3" format and ID?  For testing I would also try shorting the 5V pad to the A1 pad on the switch pad to confirm there is a known voltage there.  

f7tsSFM.png

1 hour ago, David Ferguson said:

Are you sure the transmitted units is in 0.001 v?   Your Divider of 1000 indicates that.  Perhaps you want to start with just Multiplier = 1 and Divider = 1 to see what data you might be getting.

The switchpad sends mV and the ECU expects V so this is where the 1000 divider comes from.  We have had this CAN template in the software for several years now and it is a fairly commonly used device so it is fairly well proven.  

16 hours ago, Adamw said:

Your log shows no CAN errors on CAN1, so this generally indicates there is data on the bus at the right bit rate.  Is the switchboard set up for the default "V3" format and ID?  For testing I would also try shorting the 5V pad to the A1 pad on the switch pad to confirm there is a known voltage there.  

I touched nothing on the switchboard, except the wire connection, so it should be in V3 format yes, because ID3 jumper is open
The manual said :

"Jumper ID3 is responsible for entering
compatibility mode. If it is open then
CAN Switch Board is configurable
using Light Client (speed, base ID,
rotary switch configuration) software
and the device sends data using new
V3 data format. The default speed is
500 kbps and base ID is 0x640."

I jumped the 5V (verified with a multimeter) to Can An 1, 2, nothing happens

I guess I have to ask help to Ecumaster for this

One quick test you can do to confirm the bus wiring is ok and correct polarity is temporarily disconnect/unplug the switch pad from the bus, set a channel in the ECU to "transmit generic dash" at 100Hz, then measure the voltage on CAN H & CAN L at the ecu master end (other probe on ground).  You should see a little above 2.5V on CAN H and a little below 2.5V on CAN L, usually around 2.2V and 2.8V.  

Hi,

Problem solved

On the Switchboard V3 CAN H is the green wire
On your Link ECU G4X, CAN L is the green wire

I swapped the 2 CAN Bus wire… what a moron I am

I put them back in correct position and now everything is working…

Thank you for your help Adam, sorry for wasting your time on such a stupid problem...