Trigger config confirmation

raffa54

I hate to be that guy but were having trouble with the first start and would like to confirm if our trigger settings look right.

Car: Porsche 944 S2 (16V)

Crank Trigger - Reluctor on 60/2 flywheel

Cam Trigger - Hall with ~45deg window on cam pulley

Car was previously running on a Megasquirt and the #1 tooth angle was set to 110BTDC. Trigger error counter is usually 2/3 each time we try to crank. 

We've upgraded the car with larger injectors and R8 COP and have changed form a distributor/batch injection setup to sequential injection/ignition.  Were probably doing something obviously wrong here but are having a hard time seeing it.

Trigger Scope

Screenshot2024-07-15111141.png.5b7ea99d1bc6f0ee51070cfeefb544f0.png

Config

Screenshot2024-07-15113632.png.b1fe625c41e5287551fcf6ba745186f1.png

Screenshot2024-07-15114810.png.59d5beff8899f5d2ec89f09fc6ec02e9.png

Screenshot2024-07-15120057.png.e2b152825015e8922bd616f5f1f71231.png

Can you attach a copy of the trigger scope file, a copy of your tune and a pclog from a start attempt please.

I would probably go for cam pulse falling edge instead of cam level and I would recommend moving that cam tooth to somewhere between crank gaps rather than on the crank gap if possible.

Thanks Vaugan, I went through the Megasquirt manual again, they calculate the offset differently so once I changed the value to negative and used your cam trigger settings it fired straight up. Ended up with -112 offset after doing the calibration with the timing light

Hello, I have a question about a similar issue. Hall sensors were installed in the engine on the crankshaft and camshaft, but due to triger 1 errors, I changed the sensor on the crankshaft to an inductive one. Previously, the ECCS sync parameter. was YES and now NO. Trigger 1 errors no longer appear. The engine works correctly in full sequence, i.e. ignition and injection occur once every two revolutions, checked with an external oscilloscope. What exactly does the ECCS Sync parameter mean? Regards.