Hitting the rev limiter when the engine fan kicks on

cdchris12

I've got a JZX90 PnP ECU with a 2JZ-GTE swap into my JZX90 Chaser. I'm using a Bosch electronic throttle body with the e-throttle as my IACV.

I've finally gotten this thing running, but it's not running great. There's definitely something wonky with the accel enrichment settings that I need to dig into, but my larger problem is that the engine RPMs go into the stratosphere whenever the engine fan output is active. I've combed over all the idle and throttle target related settings, and I just can't figure out for the life of me what I need to play around with to resolve this.

I am pretty sure there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing which adds a percentage of opening to the e-throttle, as I can see the throttle percentage being commanded higher when the e-fans are active. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look here? 

Tune and a few datalogs are attached. Larger (and latest) datalog is too big, so it's on GDrive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PMjHs-JAfbmVdaQblPPeeiG7etziUhjN/view?usp=sharing

PC Datalog - 2024-07-25 3_36_06 pm new coolant.llgx PC Datalog - 2024-07-25 3_54_19 pm why does it idle so damn high.llgx Chaser Start Up Tune Atlas v1.23.pclx

Your E-Throttle target table should have 0% at idle not 1%, the idle control control should take care of all of that.

Your idle settings generally need going through as your max clamp and some of the values in your base position table seem excessively high for an E-Throttle setup.

Your 3_54_19 log shows it bouncing in and out of overrun fuel cut because you have excessive idle position to hold idle.

The idle control is currently adding 5% when fans are on and you are in idle which is excessive and is probably the source of your confusion around that.

32 minutes ago, cdchris12 said:

I am pretty sure there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing which adds a percentage of opening to the e-throttle, as I can see the throttle percentage being commanded higher when the e-fans are active. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look here? 

uYm5seL.png

I would suggest opening our WRX V11 base map and copying all the idle control settings from that as a better starting point.  Including turning on idle ignition control, the integral, offsets and all tables.