5V sensor errors

DanSJ80

Hi, I have got the motor running for about a week now, but i can't seem to get rid of a bunch of fault codes, I have checked my sensor earths, the voltage at the sensors receives 5V. I have wriggled the loom everywhere I can but nothing seems to change the running values when I do. i cant seem to fix MAP fault value either, doesn't matter what i type in it stays, i assume that has something to do with voltage error. very excited tho, the motor starts, idles and rev's better than it ever did on the factory ECU and i haven't even started tuning it. I also don't seem to know what i'm doing with the knock sensor, not sure why its not showing any values, yet when I go to knock audio its picking up noises. I think the trigger's are working fine as well.

knock audio 1.JPG

fault codes.jpg

Trigger Scope - 2024-08-8 4;03;24 pm.llgx PC Datalog - 2024-08-8 4;02;51 pm.llgx

Hey you can try changing your error voltages. A lot of factory error voltages are .05V and 4.95V. Sometimes keeping these values will pop up those error messages. Try changing the error low and error high voltages to 0v and 5v. This should keep some of those faults off. Your knock sensor setup is a little more in depth but still pretty simple. The help section is probably the best place to start with that, Hope some of that helps. Let us know how it goes.

12 hours ago, DanSJ80 said:

Hi, I have got the motor running for about a week now, but i can't seem to get rid of a bunch of fault codes, I have checked my sensor earths, the voltage at the sensors receives 5V. I have wriggled the loom everywhere I can but nothing seems to change the running values when I do. i cant seem to fix MAP fault value either, doesn't matter what i type in it stays, i assume that has something to do with voltage error. very excited tho, the motor starts, idles and rev's better than it ever did on the factory ECU and i haven't even started tuning it. I also don't seem to know what i'm doing with the knock sensor, not sure why its not showing any values, yet when I go to knock audio its picking up noises. I think the trigger's are working fine as well.

Have you cleared the fault codes? they won't disappear until you have and then you only need to worry about which ones come back

10 hours ago, K4Tuning said:

Hey you can try changing your error voltages. A lot of factory error voltages are .05V and 4.95V. Sometimes keeping these values will pop up those error messages. Try changing the error low and error high voltages to 0v and 5v. This should keep some of those faults off. Your knock sensor setup is a little more in depth but still pretty simple. The help section is probably the best place to start with that, Hope some of that helps. Let us know how it goes.

I tried this, still same, thanks for the response

11 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Have you cleared the fault codes? they won't disappear until you have and then you only need to worry about which ones come back

Yes, i've cleared them while engine is off and running, all seems to come back immediately

7 minutes ago, DanSJ80 said:

Yes, i've cleared them while engine is off and running, all seems to come back immediately

Can you take a PC Log of you clearing faults and them coming back and attach that here please, attach a copy of your tune as well please.

How are you clearing the fault codes? that log shows 18 fault codes the whole log and I want to see them cleared part way through.

ECU Controls -> Clear ECU Fault Codes while connected to the ECU is the way I would normally clear codes.

27 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

How are you clearing the fault codes? that log shows 18 fault codes the whole log and I want to see them cleared part way through.

ECU Controls -> Clear ECU Fault Codes while connected to the ECU is the way I would normally clear codes.

so i'm feeling a bit silly and relieved right now, i was only removing fault events, not clearing them. only an volt 8 returned and thats because its not connected to a thermister yet. 

19 hours ago, DanSJ80 said:

I also don't seem to know what i'm doing with the knock sensor, not sure why its not showing any values, yet when I go to knock audio its picking up noises. I think the trigger's are working fine as well.

The knock audio tool is for frequency analysis, it requires a knock amplifier (like the Link KnockBlock) to be connected to the laptop sound card to work.

Knock control is generally set up and validated as effective after you have a reasonably good tune in it, but in any case, some basic knock settings that are wrong in your attached map:

• Disable Input is set to Always ON, this means knock control is always disabled. 
  • Freq channel is off.
  • Cylinders havent been allocated to trim tables.  You can either assign 1 table to each cyl for indivual cylinder control or assign all cylinders to 1 table to retard all together.
  • Set retard limit to 0 while tuning so it doesnt work against you.

On 8/9/2024 at 2:42 PM, Adamw said:

The knock audio tool is for frequency analysis, it requires a knock amplifier (like the Link KnockBlock) to be connected to the laptop sound card to work.

Knock control is generally set up and validated as effective after you have a reasonably good tune in it, but in any case, some basic knock settings that are wrong in your attached map:

• Disable Input is set to Always ON, this means knock control is always disabled. 
  • Freq channel is off.
  • Cylinders havent been allocated to trim tables.  You can either assign 1 table to each cyl for indivual cylinder control or assign all cylinders to 1 table to retard all together.
  • Set retard limit to 0 while tuning so it doesnt work against you.

is it an issue if the knock level detected comes through negative? image.thumb.png.a222cc1c36dd85e9f3f92c2d479a1348.png