BMW S65 - Voodoo Pro - throttles

jubs

Hey all, after some advice.  have just purchased a Voodoo Pro to fit to a BMW S65 engine, need it to be able to control the standard twin Throttle motors - from what i can see online it talks about them being controled via CAN ?   can the Voodoo handle this ? Thanks in advance 

10 hours ago, jubs said:

Hey all, after some advice.  have just purchased a Voodoo Pro to fit to a BMW S65 engine, need it to be able to control the standard twin Throttle motors - from what i can see online it talks about them being controled via CAN ?   can the Voodoo handle this ? Thanks in advance 

I recently built a loom for a voodoo and s65 engine and we used this for the throttle motor, I am pretty sure voodoo cannot control the OEM throttle via CAN as of yet. 

image.thumb.png.af7db36839d7b8bdac55e5b0a1f1cc44.png

You can open up the S65 motors and bypass the CAN stuff, I done this a few years ago for a liferacing ecu so it is a bit vague now, but it is fairly clear when you open it up.  I removed the 4 mosfets, then just soldered a couple of link wires from the old mosfet pads directly to the two large pins in the connector.  So the ecu aux 9/10 bypasses all the control stuff on the PCB and goes straight to the two motor pins.