FM 4.9.3.1194 does not work on G3/G4

Crispin

The latest firmware 4.9.3.1194 does not work with my G3 Plus (upgraded to G4). I downgraded/upgraded the firmware a few times to make sure it was not a one time error. I also stored a base map from the latest PC Link after the firmware upgrade to make sure it wasn’t something with my map but it still doesn’t work.

I get error messages saying “out of system resources†and “cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.â€

The 4.8.1.994 firmware and PCLink works fine.

Good afternoon,

Apologies for the delay in reply. This afternoon I have taken a G3 Linkplus running FW 1.9.2 and upgraded it to FW 4.9.3 with no problems. Are the errors presenting in the black firmware update window, or in PCLink after the upgrade in complete?

Cheers,

Scott

Hi,

the firmware update window is succesful, but I get errors in PCLink after the upgrade. I cannot open any settings and basically just have the menu items in the left menu. 

If I try to open any setting I get different error messages in windows message boxes from PCLink saying  â€œout of system resources†and “cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.†etc.

I also opened and stored a basemap from the latest firmware to make sure it was not a mapping issue.

Good morning,

That sounds really unusual, I have not heard of it happening before. It sounds like the firmware update is working fine, but it is more of a PCLink issue. Have you changed your PCLink layout at all? I would recommend trying one of the two default layout. You can load these from Layout > Load Layout. If that does not resolve the issue I would try deleting your PCLink directory and then re-installing PCLink from scratch.

Let me know how it goes,

Cheers,

Scott

Problem solved.

I did a stepped FM update for all the versions between the one I had running and the latest one.

I still got  â€œout of system resources†when I loaded PCLink with the latest version, but this time it was solved by a reload of the default layout.

Ok here's my problem:

We haven't upgraded or changed firmware, software, computer or anything in a year. We have just used the stuff.

This is what happened:

When I tried to load a log from the last race to view it (we had already viewed it several times before on the same computer) i got he message 'Out of system resources' Same thing happens when I try to load a map or layout.

The program hangs and can't be shut down

If I load one of the maps in the original 'Base Maps' it works. And after I have loaded that map I can load

one of my maps and it works. But if I then try to load my own layout I get the 'Out Of System resources' error message and it hangs. If I then load the 'Default layout' it works. If I load the 'DefaultLoggingLayout' I get

the error message.

All this with PCLink 4.8.1.1033

I copied all the files and tested them on another computer that has PCLink 4.8.1.1004 installed

and I can't get any error message on that computer in any way, everything works.

Tried the same thing on a computer at work that has the latest PCLink installed and there we got the error message exactly like on my laptop.

And we have had this problem before on another computer with an older version of PCLink.

Doesn't do any difference to reinstall PCLink

I have attached my files

Hi Fredde,

It sounds like some of your layouts may have been corrupted. If you re-install PCLink the layouts directory does not get overwritten, this is why just re-installing PCLink will not fix the problem.

You will need to delete the whole PCLink directory and then re-install PCLink.

Give that a try and let me know if it now works for you,

Scott