Miata link issue

Steve Meschke

car ran great but now starts but won't stay running. if I pull the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator, it will idle but will die if I add gas quickly or try to engage the clutch. Strong vacuum. If I plug the vacuum line with my finger the car will die. All connections are good. any ideas?

Any work carried out before the issue started? Do you have a hand controller to see what the inputs to the ECU are doing? Looking for thins like what the MAP reading is, TPS engine temp etc.

no, no work done before this. I ran at the Peru National tour on Saturday without any issues and the car would not start on Sunday morning. did some more digging and the MAP sensor box was loose and flopping around the engine compartment. If I unplug the MAP sensor vacuum line, the car will start and idle but if I try to plug the vacuum line in the car dies. I think I need a new MAP sensor. This is for a LINK 1.6 ECU (1990 Miata) with a 1994 motor. I have the serial number if you need it. Can you help me with this? I really need to get the car running before July 23rd. thanks!