Speed display not working correctly.

rob l

Hi. I have a Link G4 wired into my 5EFTE Toyota Starlet. Currently it is running in a piggyback fashion. My problem is getting the speed to dispaly properly. If I set the callibration to 250, the displayed speed in the Link is correct up to about 75km/hr but then it flips out and the speed reading goes back to 0 and then starts increasing again, so example, car speed 90, link shows 15.

If the calibration is set to 25, the speed shown is a 10th of the actual car speed and the speed does not flip out at 75 (or 7.5) so this tells me the problem is with the link. The reason I would like an accurate speed reading is for launch control (since launch control axis in the Link cannot be eddited). I have tried changing active edge and changing the pull up resistor with no luck.

Can anyone please help?

Hi Rob,

Which version of Firmware are you running in your ECU? There was an issue with this in an older firmware version. I have done some testing on the latest firmware version and using a calibration number of 250 it seems to work well.

Scott.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply. I am running : main code firmware 4.6.9

Boot code 1.4

Main board : 1.1

ecu serial 4125

ECU min spec 4.60

I have attached a copy of my map.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Since firmware version 4.6.9 there have been some improvements to the vehicle speed function. If you update to firmware version 4.8.82 your problems should be resolved. You can get the new firmware in the PCLink install from our website.

Cheers,

Scott.