Possum Link wont hold constant revs

Matthew Oliver

Hi all Ive recently installed a possum link into my V1 WRX wagon, more or less standard car, grey injectors, TD04 turbo, and the exhaust consists 3" mid and rear sections with a standard downpipe. The car runs beautifully when under load, but if trying to hold constant revs (say travelling at 50kph along a flat road in 3rd, 4th or 5th) it will loose power momentarially and then get it back once the revs have dropped a bit... I can replicate this in my driveway by opening the throttle a little bit and try to hold the revs at 2000rpm ish... but it will just sit there and fluctuate between 1500 and 2000 constantly. I called link yesterday and they suggested increasing the fuel master, doing this smoothed out the problem a bit but made the car run extremely rich so wasnt really driveable. Any ideas or suggestions??? If you want more info ask away Matt

Hi Matt.

Unfortunately it's never an easy job to chase these little gremlins as there are so many variables.  I take it the car has never run quite right to date, is it something you shuold be taking back to your tuner to resolve?

Where I would start is servicing your TPS by attacking it with a can of contact cleaner and test it's output is consistant (really only if your tune is spanned across this).  Once done, don't forget to re-span it as per the manual.

Then I would look at reviewing all of your vacuum hosing stemming from the manifold to ensure there are no leaks (common problem that catches a lot of people).  Ultimately a smoke machine makes a definitively acurate and quick job out of this.

See how you go with these things and let us know how you get on.

Jurgen