What type of distributor trigger to use?

Chris Davis

Hi Ashley. I have sorted my injector problem, but now I have a trigger problem. There are 2 types of 4age dizzy. 1: 24 tooth and 1 tooth 2: 24 tooth and 4 tooth What I need to know is, how do i wire up my distributor properly? I have at the moment, sheild to common, and trigger 1 to 24 tooth. The ecu is lemv2, the engine is 4age distributed (obviously), bigport, running bigport dizzy (number 2 above, 24 and 2) http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i116/crnkin/ecunumbers.jpg I have tried both dizzy's and cannot get it to run/idle, however I tow started it and had it idling with my foot floored, on what sounded like 2 cylinders. Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris

You need to wire the trigger 1 wire to the 4 tooth pick up. Triger two is not used.

Make sure you get the reluctor polarity correct. The Cream wire is normally the negative.

Regards

Simon

Reluctor polarity refers to way in which the sensor is wired.  There are two wires, one is grounded, the other carries the signal to the ECU.  If you get them the wrong way round, the engine will most likely start but run badly and have unstable timing.  Like Simon said, the white/cream wire is usually the ground on a toyota sensor