Data logging stop/start

Matt Dunn

Once again I have the feeling that I may be asking for a feature that it already has... Stopping and starting the data logging. As it only logs 10 sessions at present, is it possible to have different things that start stop logging. As rather than having to have an actual switch to start/stop and a light to signal which, it would be goo if you could say start logging when say TPS> 85% and Speed > 40kmh, but once started contine logging until either ign switched off or something like tps< 20% for more than 60 seconds etc. As If you have it logging all the time by the time you unload the car from the trailer, move it around the pits, then warm it up, drive it to the dummy grid, stop as there is a delay, start it again, drive the warm up lap, you have already logged 5 different sessions. Is something like this possible now or in the future? Or a better suggestion?

Set up a Virtual Auxiliary output with the conditions you want. Then set the logging to run based on that virtual auxiliary. Speed is a good condition. If speed is > 30k, then log etc... If you want to get really smart you can make hysteresis to do something like turn on when speed is above 30kph and turn off when speed is less than 5 km/h. Note that to do this you use the state of the virtual auxiliary output as one of its conditions.

• 2 years later...

Your suggestion was good but was not what I was trying to achieve,

as I would like it to start logging on the warmup lap of a race,

but continue logging while stationary to record the RPM's etc that the car was at when the cluch was released.

I did get it to work very well and thought I would post it on here for others to see.

Logging is set to switch on from virtual output 1

The virtual output is set 

condition 1 Wheel speed > 30kmh

Condition 2 Virtual output 2 =on

condition 3 RPM> 300

And switch logic to (1 or 2) and 3

This starts logging at 30kmh and keeps the logging going as long as the car is running no matter of the wheel speed.