New to LINK and jsut a likke into/ quick questions...

Chuck B

hey guys whats up? i have a 00 Subaru impreza that i plan to hybrid with a STi 257 block and boost. in my parts compilation i aquired this LINK PLUS unit i now have sitting on my floor. a couple things...if i were to change my plans and run a EJ257 swap, would i be able to adjust the settings on this ecu to compensate for the smaller cam gears (i have an SOHC where as im sure u know the 257 is DOHC) and also be able to handle some of the other upgrades of the 257...obvioulsy i would have to fab up a mount for a cable pull throttle as well. and with that question also if i decided on going with say an EJ20G/205/207 could i also rewire and re-set the ecu to work in that case there as well? another thingi hot it with a patch harness for a 99...obvioulsy there is a little rewireing needed, but if at all does anyone happen to know where i could source one for an 00...LINK no longer produces them though so it would have to be kind of a word of mouth thing....but yeah if anyone here is a vendor or knows a vendor with things layin around from yester year that would be awesome to have opposed to rewiring lol and last but not least, i only see the downloads for the G4s software and none for this, would be awesome if someone could hook me up with that too!!! thanx guys!!!

Hi Chuck.

Long story short, if it is an engine... It will run it.  As long as the triggering is supported.  My point being, as long as you have the correct wiring, there should be no reason any of those engines wouldn't run. 

It was just further down the page... You can download the PCLink for G1's here:

http://www.linkecu.com/support/downloads/pclink-download/PCLinkV25

Jurgen

Yea.

There are a couple of ways to look at it really... If I lined it up against a new G4 system, and was told I could have either for the same price; hell yea I will be choosing the G4 because the performace is just that much better.  If you are on a budget, and that's all you have, then dude... It's still going to be better than nothing.

Jurgen