Lost PC connection during ignition test

James Simpson

Hi,

Running a G4 xtreme red, everything was going smoothly, until testing ignition, I was getting spark through LS2 coils and I was running through testing each coil and the ECU lost connection with PC and will can no longer find it, it lost conection during a coil test that was working fine.

If I start switch ignition off / on its doing its startup fuel relay prime so I know there's some life in it.  Also, the USB interface still registers the device - its under device manager etc.. 

I just get the can not find ECU.

What would be a suitable course of action here?

Thanks,

James

Update - I managed to hack together a serial cable to test, and it worked.  So I have a way forward here.

Its USB chip failure, and a reset/firmware update did not fix it, so it seems pretty fundamental issue with the USB.

What could have caused it?  I want to make sure I don't do the same thing to the serial interface.

As far as I can see its all wired in correctly and everything was testing fine.

Thanks,

James

Chances are just pure bad luck. The USB is all isolated from the main circuitry to help with interference issues so in theory should be robust and not suffer due to outside conditions.