No ignition on cyl 3 and 4.

Tobias Lohmander

Hello!

Was starting up my car (rb25det with g4 pnp), but aint getting any ignition och cyl 3 and 4. all cables checked and i tryed all i can think of in pclink.

You can test shoot the 3 ignition outputs from the g4 manual, and the other 4 cylinder works great, but nothing happenswhen i test shoot cylinder 3 and 4.

can somthing have happends so i burnt this ignition output in the g4? or can somthingelse be wrong?

all tips and idees are welcome.

Is the someone in sweden thath can repair this ecu if it shows to be burnt?

Best regards!

when o look inside the ecu on the upper main board i can only find 3 ignition drives, but in your manual for the skyline pnp you write thath it has 4 drives for ignition, it also says thath they are wiered toghter 3-4 drives. can i somehow use ignition drive nr4 (if it is for real) insted of drive nr3? thath i might have damaged.

best regards!

Hi Tobias,

On most of our G4 Skyline plug-in ECUs the cylinders are paired up so that Ignition drives 1 to 3 each control the ignition for two cylinders. The pairs are:

1 and 6

2 and 5

3 and 4

It is possible that ignition drive 3 on your ECU has been damaged. The other things to check would be the ignitor that comes after the ECU. If Ignition drive 3 has been damaged you can not use ignition 4 instead. We can do repairs on the ECU.

Scott