Dash for Vi-PEC

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

So I made it to the shop today. Hooked it all up and programmed the dash. Nothing...... didn't recognize a frequency, all the the data on my laptop showed "ERR." in Race Studio 2 when you hit the Online button. Tried the RS232 and CAN wires. nothing on all of them.

I performed the RealTerm program like you said Rayhall... it would NOT recognize anything. I set it up just like you pics and description. Nothing. Didn't get any return at all. Now one thing.

the adapter cable you sent me was different than your pic. It did not have 5 wires coming out of the adapter to go to the dash. I only had 4 wire. Red, Black, Blue Green. I put Red =+12VDC Black= Gnd Blue=TxD to Dash Green= RxD to Dash. Like I said before I hooked it up to the CAN first then the RS232 and both wires. Nothing. Not once did it recognize anything or even see a frequency from the Vi-PEC (you know the output frequency?)

I worked with my AIM guy CHAD and he is chasing it down from his end, any help rayhall??? the RealTerm didn't recognize anything. What does that mean?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three wires( yellow, blue and green) wires need to be connected to the 9 pin connector, to get anything from the Vipec and see it with the real term program. Communication is in both directions, so both Txd and RxD are needed.

The harness I sent Jay has one of the wires missing (yellow). I apologize for this is was a silly mistake on my part. I have sent him information on where to add the other wire.

Also you must use the second adaptor I sent Jay. The first had the wrong firmware loaded. Again another silly mistake.

Marcel has a cable with all the wires and the correct firmware. It tested perfectly here and so do all the others I have in stock. The test I am asking you to do will confirm that the problem is not with the adaptor, but with AIM. I would have rather you determine this by doing the test rather then me having to claim the problem was with AIM.

Ray.

All three wires( yellow, blue and green) wires need to be connected to the 9 pin connector, to get anything from the Vipec and see it with the real term program. Communication is in both directions, so both Txd and RxD are needed.

The harness I sent Jay has one of the wires missing (yellow). I apologize for this is was a silly mistake on my part. I have sent him information on where to add the other wire.

Also you must use the second adaptor I sent Jay. The first had the wrong firmware loaded. Again another silly mistake.

Marcel has a cable with all the wires and the correct firmware. It tested perfectly here and so do all the others I have in stock. The test I am asking you to do will confirm that the problem is not with the adaptor, but with AIM. I would have rather you determine this by doing the test rather then me having to claim the problem was with AIM.

Ray.

Completely understand, and appriciate the response. Also AIM is starting to work it too from there end. Hopefully we'll get it worked out! Thanks again Rayhall!!!

Guest Marcel B

Ok ,I tried the test and got no response , but I am not convinced that I did it properly .Firstly , I could only find a fe

male connector , so I improvised and just pushed the wires into the holes of the male connector on the laptop , secondly I was not sure if the adapter cable should have been powered up ? (but I tried it both ways with no response .) I set the baud to 19200 , put in an E and and A an got no response .

i got the vipec to send and recieve yesterday but still no info from the dash will be back at it today

Yes, once we got the wire ran and hooked up and sent and received info just like Rayhall said. Jay and I got with AIM over here in the US and they are chasing after the Engineers in Italy. I guess this info means it's not at the V88 end, it's at the AIM end right rayhall?

MARCEL B READ THIS!!!!!!

Just got this info from Chad @ AIM USA.

This is from the engineer (In Italy).

Iury is contacting Ray to find a fast solution.

We have read ViPec forum and maybe we know what matters.

Just to confirm some specifications, the communication is over RS232 19200, so the adapter is mandatory and no connection to CANbus should be attempted by our customers.

The driver we have produced manages the informations by sending an A, not the E at the start up, this should be the reason why they can't get out of this situation.

This is why this is still a Beta version, we hope to make the ECU communicate with the MXL before Christmas holidays, then we will make a proper driver next year.

From what I understand they should have new BETA S/W out before the holidays for us to try out!

Sending just the A command will work. Only problem with this, items like the volt input selected for the wideband will not be known by the dash. I guess the AIM software allows you to pick which is for Wideband.

My guess at the reason it is not working is AIM do not have the checksum calculation correct.

Ray.

Guest Marcel B
MARCEL B READ THIS!!!!!!

Just got this info from Chad @ AIM USA.

This is from the engineer (In Italy).

Iury is contacting Ray to find a fast solution.

We have read ViPec forum and maybe we know what matters.

Just to confirm some specifications, the communication is over RS232 19200, so the adapter is mandatory and no connection to CANbus should be attempted by our customers.

The driver we have produced manages the informations by sending an A, not the E at the start up, this should be the reason why they can't get out of this situation.

This is why this is still a Beta version, we hope to make the ECU communicate with the MXL before Christmas holidays, then we will make a proper driver next year.

From what I understand they should have new BETA S/W out before the holidays for us to try out!

He he , seems like you REALLY dont want me to sell :) ............I hope we get a fix soon , or else.............

Replied to your e-mail... and sent your the S/W....

Just to let you know it didn't work for me.... :cry:

Rayhall.... did you actually have one set-up and working???? I'd be willing to send you my dash and cables to see if you can get it to work!

Guest Marcel B
Replied to your e-mail... and sent your the S/W....

Just to let you know it didn't work for me.... :cry:

Rayhall.... did you actually have one set-up and working???? I'd be willing to send you my dash and cables to see if you can get it to work!

This is BAD news !!!!!....... now where is that buyer :D

I do not have a AIM dash to do testing. As I said to Lury from AIM, this may have been sorted quicker if I had one. The other option is to send AIM a Vipec and adaptor so they can find what their problem is. I am willing to do this.

RacePak asked for a Vipec to test they had their dash correct.

Ray.

I do not have a AIM dash to do testing. As I said to Lury from AIM, this may have been sorted quicker if I had one. The other option is to send AIM a Vipec and adaptor so they can find what their problem is. I am willing to do this.

RacePak asked for a Vipec to test they had their dash correct.

Ray.

Would you be interested in getting mine to work it out????

It dose not sound like this is going to be an overnight fix. Sounds like both sides need to test this more and track down the problem.

I'm watching this with great interest, once its working I will be getting this setup myself.

Jeremy