Dash for Vi-PEC

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got the adapter - thanks ray.

Firmware updated the aim

connected as described and still no joy.

Does the data stream need to be on ? at what setting ?

anything else need to change on the vipec-

also, when the dash is connected to CAN i cant manage the ecu .. need to unplug the dash before i can manage it ...

The Datastream mode in the software must be OFF.

If you have a copy of the latest firmware the baud rate must be 57600 (Version 4.2.2 did not have a baud rate option and was set on 57600)

The USB cable to the PC must not be connected to the Vipec.

The cable from the AIM adaptor must be connected to the CAN Bus port on the Vipec.

The adaptor must be wired to the AIM dash as AIM provided in a previous post.

I sent Marcel two adaptors. The first had the wrong firmware loaded. You need the second one I sent him.

Ray.

ok, checked and re-checked everything ...

all i have connected to dash is pins 1 and 2 for power and pins 5 and 6 for tx/rx

the adapter has its own power source, as my ecu is at the back of the car- but have confirmed all powered up - the adapter gets a little warm as well.

data stream is off, usb is unplugged. have re-flashed dash and on the default transmit i am getting some data on channel 2. not sure what data as its hovering about 1.7 - 2.3

i had to extend the cables between dash and the adapter - new wire used, confirmed continuity. tried swapping tx and rx around.

as soon as i setup the g4 inputs in race studio, i get no values displayed.

am still running 4.2.2 - will try the 4.3.3

any other ideas ?

ok, changed power for the adapter to draw from the same location as the dash. no joy.

tried with the sensor ground in the same ground as power and in the secondary gnd on the dash - pin 10. still get err in the online part of race studio.

dont know if this means anything - the files you posted up, there is no extension to either of the files .. does there need to be ?

The files for the AIM dash you really need to get these from AIM as I do not know if the files I posted are correct. AIM sent four emails all with files over a few days. I just do not want to have to be the supplier of configuration files for any make dash. I only posted these as I was asked for them. They may be wrong...

Ray.

not sure how i post files here - i will send them to ray - maybe he can put the files up ...

instructions from AIM :

Hi All ,

The First Beta version of the "ECU driver" don't work properly (about Last Version of RaceStudio2) .

But I have a new version of the ECU Driver , that I have tested directly with "VIPEC V88 LINK G4 and Vipec Aim Adaptor" (see IMAGE.zip)

, this new version it will be available into the future version of RS2.

Description :

1) I send you 2 files (see LINK_G4_3_Vers_End.zip) , please replace the original files into RS2 , the default directory of installation are for example :

- C:\Program files\ AIM \ DATABASE (windows xp)

- C:\ AIM sport \ DATABASE (windows vista)

2) Please delete and create a new configuration for LINK G4 (please this operation is very important!!!) , download the new configuration into dashboard.

3) Plase connect the "AIM dash" to the Vipec AIM Adaptor (see IMAGE.zip).

4) The VIPEC LINK G4 ECU must be powered , I have connected only the ECU CABLE PORTA (connector at the left) --> (wire RED = 12V and

BLACK WIRE to GND) , otherwise , the ECU don't send any response.

5) Go to RS2 ON-LINE and see only The "ECU channels" for example "G4_RPM" channel , the other channels for example CH1,CH2,ENGINE,SPEED1 are only

relative to MXL internal channel.

Best regards , Iury

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rayhall,

Is it possible to display the Inputs that I have fed into the V88 onto the AIM MXL? Such as Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Fuel Level, Nitrous Pressure, etc...

These are all Analog Volt inputs that I've wired into to the V88. I was wondering how to select them for display on the AIM MXL?