EJ20 STI V3 hardwiring and setup with Link Plus not G2

Billy Davis

I have wired the engine with firing order 1324. So driver 1 to 1 , 2 to 3, 3 to 2, and 4 to 4. My question is on the cam sensor setup for sequential ignition. I have 4 channel msd ignition drive and 4 coils. 1. Does cyl 1 fire after sync from cam sensor? Have I wired the drivers correctly? 2. Should I program sync/cyl ratio to 4:4? After I get it started 1. When I find the static ignition, do I tell the link what the value is or do I have to compensate manualy in the timing maps? 2. Is there a place to download a basemap for 800cc injectors?

1. Yes wire the injection and coils in the same way as you described above  1-1, 2-3, 3-2, 4-4

2. Sync ratio should be 4:1

1b. Yes once the value is known you then enter that in to the linkplus and the zone numbers will then read correct to what you would see on a timing light.

2b. No however you could try other forums but I would do this with caution.

A four channel MSD unit should just run directly from the LinkPlus ignition drives...  Scoping the drives is a good idea to make sure all is working OK.  Is it a Subaru engine?  Just that 1324 is an uncommon firing order!  Also check your trigger error counter while cranking to make sure you have stable triggering.  It sghould not continuously count up...