Link G4 Storm with Race Technologies Dash 2

Sparkystav

Right im purchasing a Dash 2 system and want to get a connection to the Link ECU.

But i have 2 options:

The canbus cable or the Link G4 serial cable.

However firstly does Canbus work on the G4 as the products page says 'for future compatability'

secondly if i have to get the serial cable does link do a serial lead as mine is USB, or will a USB/Serial adaptor work?

thanks

Thanks for the reply,

I have a spare cable with a USB end. Ive chopped that up and looked at the connections,then follwed page 25 of this:

http://www.linkecu.com/support/documentation/g4-engine-management-documentation/G4Install

theres

Ground - Black

Can H  - Green

Can L - White

Serial TX - Red

and oddly Serial RX as the sheath?

thats taking the locations of the diagram but not the colours obviously. is that correct?

do you have the the data/info needed to setup a CAN link with a Dash2 system if i buy the CAN lead from them?

If not should i just got for the RS232 lead from them? or do even need a lead from them? just connect the TX to the RX on the dash and vice versa?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If connecting with can all you will require is the dash to be compatiable with our ECU. You can then configure the ECU for CAN and connect CAN H adn CAN L wiring to the dash.

Load the generic dash file when setting CAN up through PC Link.