Crank Sensor Signal Split

Salmaan Irani1436215438

Hi, I am writing from Kenya and have a Red G4 Extreme ECU, i want to install this into a Mitsubishi Airtrek (Identical Setup to the Evo 7 GTA) with an Invecs II 5 A/t Transmission.

I understand i need to install the G4 Extreme to run together with the Original ECU (Link for Engine Management and Original ECU for Gearbox). Has anyone ever done this? I would like to know if i should continue using the original ECU to power the Crank Sensor and split the Signal between Original and Link G4 ECU? or vice versa?

Does the same apply to the TPS and Speed Sensors? Also please advise if someone has the Link Base Map for the Evo 7.

Appreciate any help in this. Thank you.

Hi When doing a piggyback you are best to leave as much as possible factory. So try to share the sensors retaining the factory power supplies. Pullups in our ecu should be turned off. Temp inputs do not have the option to have the pullup turned off so will either need a second set of sensors or be wired to AN volt inputs and use a custom cal.