New car, old Link.

Matt Howe

Hi I have another car that has an older Link ecu in it. I guess it mus be a G1 as there is no indication it is a G2 from the label. And too old to be a G3. on the sticker on the top it says in the green oval 'LinkPlus' www.link-electro.co.nz There is a port on the side with a grey cable coming out. Looks like a serial cable. Im guessing this is to connect to the hand controller. Questions are: Can i purchase something to connect via USB and therefore use PCLink? Where do I get a hand controller if there is no PC support, and how much? How do I work out what firmware version is in it and whether it is worthwhile upgrading? Thanks very much!

You will need a serialLink and a USB to serial converter if you don't have a serial port on your pc. To work out the firm ware there may be a sticker on the back of the ECU by the tuning port. If not then taking the lid off will and checking the sticker on the main micro.

Thanks Simon Ive borrowed a hand controller to use for now, but compared to using pclink on my g3 it's a nightmare haha Ive emailed sales about a seriaLink but haven't had a reply. Do you still sell them? I haven't looked for the firmware version yet, is it upgradeable myself if it is not up to date? Or would I need to send it to you guys? Also what is the latest version? Thanks