Wierd Boost issue

Shamil1436215439

Hi guys

Suddenly started having a wierd boost issue that i can seem to work out.

I have an external and am bleeding boost from the top of the gate.

Car was boosting high and low boost fine (1bar and 1.35Bar)

Noticed that it hesitated (think small boost cut), looked at the gauge and it was boosting 1.5 Bar.

Investigated and found the hose supplying pressure to the side of the wastegate was loose, tightened it back up and checked the top hose as well. All good. Also checked the boost solenoid using pwm and it switches on and off fine.

Next time i went out it was stuck in low boost, even with the high boost setting selected (ecu sees the DI correctly and switched maps) but it still stays at 1bar.

I checked hoses again and also tried increasing the target in the map but still the same.

Did a log and noticed that it comes up to 1 bar of boost with the setting of Stage 1 (Pre spool) and then at exactly 1 bar goes into CL - stage2 Active but doesnt reach stage 3.

Stage 1 Duty is 45%, Stage 2 ON is 50 kPa, Stage 3ON is 15kPa.

IS Stage 1 Duty too small ? Im assuming if it was too small it would over shoot the target ? Target in the ecu at the time is 150 (boost gauge used to read 1.35bar at normal full boost)

Does this all sound correct and i should still keep hunting for a leak or some sort ?

My thoughts are there is no pressure coming to the top of the wastegate for some reason which could be either because the boost solenoid is staying shut for some reason? Or if the solenoid is working properly then the pressure line is blocked ?

I can hear the solenoid clicking away as i initially floor the throttle so im leaning towards a blockage in one of the lines ? Pain in the a$$ to get to underneath hence why i thought i would ask for some input before trying to work it out .

Suggestions please :)

boostissueapril2014.csv

You could test the solenoid and plumbing by setting the aux out for the WG to test on

This will energise the solenoid and should give max boost.

As there is then no limit on boost only do this with caution and be sure to back off before the boost goes too high and causes damage.