stepper motor

nick jenkins

Hi guys, Me again, I did all the testing you suggested and found nothing. So I got the stepper and stepped it to the wide open position and fitted it back on, I didn't plug the plug for the electrics and started the engine it started, it come up in RPM, I also set the idle RPM on the hand controler to 300 RPM, I then pluged the plug in and whatched the plugger on the stepper motor through one of the holes in stepper housing, as soon as I plugged it in the stepper tryed to bring the idle down to the set RPM, cool, turned it off reset the RPM to 900 and ran the motor with no results the motor stayed at 300 RPM, so I changed the direction of the stepper no change I then put the Idle up to 1200 RPM no change, also change the direction on the stepper again with NO results. It dosen,t seem to make sense can one of the winding on the stepper be reversed as in direction of currant flow, but in saying that I'm shure that it was working before. The stepper is off a commador V6 and is a 4 wire. Thanks, Nick.

• 3 weeks later...