backfire at speed

daniel carter

Hi Daniel.

For some reason it sounds as though a lot of fuel is being dumped in when your lifting off.  I would imagine it just needs a good tune, but if it has been running fine, it's a bit odd it does it now.  Most likely your over run fuel cut is not turned on... It would make sense, as this cuts the injectoin when the engine is under a certain vacuum value.

On the G4.  Personally I would re-wire the whole thing as Link uses new lightweight AVSS wire (a lot thinner and nicer to work with).  If you didn't want to go that route, you don't have to, but it would look less hacked up if you re-wired it with the new loom (included in the G4 kit when bought).

You will still have to wire a few things up, as the G1's didn't have any AN VOLT channels, and there will be other features you will want to use and wire, so at the end of the day, I'm going to not recommend anything other than a re-wire.

For the purposes of answering the question though, you will have to add on a few wires minimum, chop of the old plug, mate a short loom (G4 optional) to the old and off to the tuner.  Just a bit messy this way and hard to fault find with different colour wires.

Jurgen