gt4 3sgte G1 V14

mark walker

will be fitting this ecu very soon. a couple of questions i need answering though please. when running with the injectors in sequential mode, do they stay in sequential or do they switch to batch fire? if so is there any point in running them in sequential? where is the best place to mount the AIT sensor? which sensor is the most suited to this ecu? i have seen a "RIOT" fast acting temp sensor, would there be any benifit in using this sensor? is there a good benifit in using a wideband AFM to help tune the ecu? i am looking forward to fitting this ecu and thanks in advance for any help. mark.

Previously mark walker wrote:

will be fitting this ecu very soon. a couple of questions i need answering though please. when running with the injectors in sequential mode, do they stay in sequential or do they switch to batch fire? if so is there any point in running them in sequential? where is the best place to mount the AIT sensor? which sensor is the most suited to this ecu? i have seen a "RIOT" fast acting temp sensor, would there be any benifit in using this sensor? is there a good benifit in using a wideband AFM to help tune the ecu? i am looking forward to fitting this ecu and thanks in advance for any help. mark.

if it makes a difference the ecu is a link plus v14?

• 2 weeks later...

On the G1 at duty cycles over 30ish % the ECU switches to group fire. Wiring in sequential is worthwhile in that it shares the load across the drives.

IAT should be positioned close to the butterfly and try to avoid spots likely to suffer heat soak.

The sensor will need to be a regular NTC calibration 

A wide band sensor and display will be a must for tuning as it is one of the few way to get an accurate mixture reading. There is however no provision for wideband with in the ECU like the latter G4s do have.