G4 Storm - Items included in the package

Incognito G

Hi Everyone, I understand the G4 Storm communicates to the CPU via a USB Cable. However I read in the specifications and I quote 'USB to Link CAN cable'. Is this required to make me tune of a laptop? The standard package consists of: G4 Storm ECU 2.5m wiring loom ECU mounting kit Wiring and installation instructions Do I need anything else? Cheers Guys!

The required cable is supplied with the ECU. This has USB on one end and a can connector on the other.

You might want to factor in an air temp sensor.  And you could also need ballast resistors depending on your injectors. 

Sorry Simon, I am abit unclear. I already have a GM IAT, CLT, 3 Bar Map Sensor, and Boost Solenoid. When I get my G4 Storm in standard package, should it already have a tuning cable that will connect to the laptop? I may get an Extreme, but I am still evaluating the cost and my needs for additional input/output. Hence not sure if I need the ballasts.

Thanks Simon. Just got my G4 Storm. Installed the wire in harness in 2 days and i am preparing to startup the car. Got the PC to connect to the G4 ECU. Everything looks good. Just would like to ask, is the Ignition Offset in the Trigger settings more of like a Trigger Angle Offset in other ECU's? Something like if I set my car at 10 degrees on the ECU and the timing light reads 12, I put 2 in the Ignition Offset?