Serial Link - Vista Compatibility

Steve Rowett

Hey, im looking to buy a Serial Link to connect to my V5 possum link ECU. i wish to use my new dell 1530 laptop which runs windows vista premium. is the serial link software compatible with windows vista? i will also need a serial to USB convertor as the laptop has no serial port. what convertor cables do people use? and what brands do work? Thanks, Steven.

Righto - Thanks for the reply. what do you mean by 50-50 chance? have you used it personally? do you know what versions of Vista it works with? Guess i wont be buying it then on a 50-50 chance its going to work... anyone else had experience with Vista and the PC link software. Cheers, Steven.

The software is free to download so no cost to try it. We don't have any PCs running inhouse to try with. All we know is from feed back from customers.   And of those that have tried some got it running and others didn't. It might just be down to those that know their way around Vista have better luck.