Another Can Question. G4+ AIM MXL STRADA

Gibbo

Gents I need some help with adding some more Channels to My Aim MXL STRADA Dash. There is a lot of information being fed into the ECU and i need to display more on the dash.

The Generic dash base can profile has no allowance for things like Exhaust Gas Temps And NOS Pressure which we have setup to an AN Volt Channel.

I cannot work out how to do this through the AIM Race Studio OR The Link Software.

FYI the dash is working with the channels that are already provided just i would like to add 2 more.

Hi Gibbo,

The Link G4+ has customisable CAN, so not a problem to send these things out. You will need to set one of the channels to 'Transmit User Stream X', where X is the next available number. I'm fairly certain the Aim doesn't have customisable CAN though, so you won't be able to configure the dash to receive the data the ECU is sending. 

Scott

Thanks Scott ill see if i can get some info out of AIM...

In the aim setup file there is an option for G4 Rather than GENERIC CAN... this has the ability to use the AN volt Chanel.

Is there a way we can configure the G4+ to transmit on these streams.

In the aim setup file there is an option for G4 Rather than GENERIC CAN... this has the ability to use the AN volt Chanel.

Is there a way we can configure the G4+ to transmit on these streams.

Yes, I believe the G4+ will be able to do this. The question is what are the CAN IDs used and the data layout for the 'G4' mode?

Scott