Honda J35 trigger pattern

blaine@carmenaperformance

• 1 month later...

The pattern this post was originally about was a 24-1-1 on crank and 3 teeth an the cam.  There is another user further down that says has has 60-2 crank and 5 teeth on the cam.  But I dont know of one with 24T crank and 4 teeth on the cam.  Will need to see a scope to confirm.  

• 5 weeks later...

hi team so its been a while since I've been playing engine tuner but I'm back to it and I'm having trouble with getting rpm, both triggers are arming crank has 3 teeth and cam has 1, the cam one is about half in between 2 of the crank teeth both sensors are hall sensors.

ill crank and get around 200-300 rpm then ill crank again and get nothing, when i get it started and timed it runs well, Then i turn off and try to start again with no firing or just the odd back fire.

below attached is the tune and a log file hopefully there's something I've done wrong that you can see otherwise i will have to have and auto electrician look a it up here in Hamilton.

thanks again Pat 

j30a4 300zx map.pcl Log 6-11-21 7;38;41 pm.llg Log 10-11-21 5;11;52 pm.llg

When it is cranking with no or erratic RPM the cam "trig 2 signal" says "no".   It would suggest there is a possibly a bad connection or too much air gap or something.  You will really need someone with a scope to get to the bottom of it.  

ok so ive done a scope and the triggers seem good so my next thought is that its a wiring issue ive wired the injectors and coils the same so they are inj1 - 1&5 inj2 - 4&3 inj3 - 2&6 the coils are the same order and the firing order is 142536 would this configurationbe correct ? as for air gap yes they are all factory setups 

That scope capture doesnot represent anything that looks like an acceptable trigger pattern at all.  Something very wrong there.

The red trace almost shows something that looks like a tooth but it also goes completely crazy in the same areas the blue trace goes crazy.  

All sorted thanks to Adam and jase brown, turns out there was coil interference on the 12v feed so isolated that and had a much crisper trigger signal, re checked timing on pressure transducer and timing was off sorted that and she fired up straight away.

Much appreciate the help from the link team it's good to get these small problems sorted, forever learning 

Thanks pat 

• 7 months later...