HELP !! FEW ISSUES (WIRING)

Chris2JM3

OK almost at the end of my 2JZ-GTE conversion on E46 M3 got a couple of issues if anyone can assist.

I have a couple of issue i can't get my head around. Hopefully someone can assist

First one

BMW X60004-PIN 24 - Signal Brake Light switch - I have on Digital Input 7 - Problem when there is power (key off) the brake lights are on?? If i turn ignition one clic they go off and work as should when pedal is pushed. Is this just a case of setting up the Digital input?? or another issue

This next one is the biggest head scratcher i've got i know some ecu's have a Main relay switch

There is a few power wires 1 x Permanent and another 3 which require the DME relay to be switch on

BMW body pins E46 m3
X60001 - PIN 1 Fuel Injector Relay Terminal 15 (Linked to DME Relay)
X60001 - PIN 8 Voltage Supply Engine Electronics Fuse Carrier (Linked to DME relay) 
X60004 - PIN 26 Fuse F29 - Terminal 15 IGN Switched (Linked to DME Relay)

I have all these linked and Going to 14v to power ECU

X60002 - PIN 11 Fuse F102 - Terminal 30 (permanent power) - I have these linked to Relay for e throttle body that goes to 14v AUX9/10 to power those aux channels. Relay goes to 14x Aux 9/10 another AUX to control , then into the 14v ecu power

This next one which really confuses me

X60002 - PIN 23 Signal - Main Relay Activation -DME Relay
Which turns on the relay i believe to Activate PIN 1,8,26 i have mentioned above. I'm not sure where this should plug into my ecu?

I put a multi meter and its reading power as i thought it was a ground being a brown wire with a white strip. If i clip it to GND's It will power the ecu through the above PIN 1,8,26 Should this be going to a DI input? or an AUX pin? if so what kind of set up?

I don't really want the ecu powered the whole time as this doesn't seem correct having a live wire which looks to be a ground going to a ground all though its not melted any ground wire.

I think i'm looking what will do this on the LINK FURY EFI Main Relay Switched Ground Output and how it's configured

Any help much appreciated

For the brake light switch we will need more info about your settings and possibly wiring - can you attach your map and give a description how this switch is connected..

ECU Hold power is normally used to switch the main relay.  Connect any aux output to the relay coil, set its function to "ECU Hold power" and its polarity to low.   For this to work you will also need an "ignition switch" signal connected to a DI (so the ECU knows when to turn the relay on/off).

For the brake light switch we will need more info about your settings and possibly wiring - can you attach your map and give a description how this switch is connected..

ECU Hold power is normally used to switch the main relay.  Connect any aux output to the relay coil, set its function to "ECU Hold power" and its polarity to low.   For this to work you will also need an "ignition switch" signal connected to a DI (so the ECU knows when to turn the relay on/off).

Adam,

Can you elaborate on what settings the DI input should have for this set-up.