Siemens 220LB injectors - LOWz

George GEP

Anybody run 220LB SIEMENS injectors?

what resistor box do u guys use?

i have tried those injectors on several customers EVOs and none of them ran with Resistor box, on stock or On Vipec or on Link Ecus (evo plugin ecus).... but without resistor box it runs... dont get why and how? 1f642.png:) 

injectors are low impedance~ 3ohm is reading... tried oem Mitsu resistor box as well as aftermarket resistors... still nothing. any idea?

i know Vipec / Link (evo plugin ecus) does not support low impedance injectors but cars are running with no resistor box and making 600-700whp on those injectors :D why and how?

injector.jpg

The drivers on most of our plug in ecus are saturated and can supply 5A max.  If you drive a low impedance injector with a saturated injector driver (i.e. without P&H type current limiting) then you need a resistor to limit current flow through the injector.  Without the resistor the injector coil will eventually overheat, melt, then consequently fry the injector driver.  The ECU will not be covered by warranty in this case.

The problem with the 220lb Siemens is they need quite a lot of current to open so limiting the current using a resistor is not an ideal fix.  You will have to choose resistor value carefully for it to work.  I would expect a  2.2ohm resistor should work ok with these.