BMW Link ecu

alfachips

Hello.
I have a bmw Link ecu on a 325 without vanos and I'm having trouble with the trigger2. The engine random missfire after 3000 rpm. If I isolate trigger2 works well. I thought, if there is a way the ecu do not "read" the trigger2 after 3000rpm, like the Subaru V7-10 which has "trig2 lookout", this solve the problem.

bmwTrigger_error.jpg

The problem on this engine is the zero crossing of the cam tooth is occurring very close to the reference tooth (tooth after the gap) on the crank.  With a small amount of timing chain backlash or whatever the sync position moves to the other side of the reference tooth.

There have been some other users on the forum some time ago report that changing the trigger 2 setting to optical/hall, pullup off, rising edge is enough to fix it.  Please try this and report back if still a problem.

M10Vigz.png

Adamw. I think you have right. Now appears a new problem. The engine suddenly stopped and the trigger 1 signal shifted. Maybe the crank trigger wheel has changed position. The trigger offset that I use is -87. So I plan to change the trigger wheel with that use trigger offset -328.

UMSTunah. I don't remember what year is the car, but I have make changes to the harness. I have change the ignition and injection pins, the trigger 1 and 2, the TPS input, the lambda input. That i remember for now. If you have questions tell me.

The factory ecu is Bosch 0261200403.

45 minutes ago, alfachips said:

Adamw. I think you have right. Now appears a new problem. The engine suddenly stopped and the trigger 1 signal shifted. Maybe the crank trigger wheel has changed position. The trigger offset that I use is -87. So I plan to change the trigger wheel with that use trigger offset -328.

Do you mean if you check with a timing light the timing mark no longer lines up?  Or does it still line up but just not run (360deg out)?

31 minutes ago, UMSTunah said:

Adamw Do you have a supported year/engine list for this model ecu?

It was originally designed for the 1993-1995 M50TUB25 which uses the Bosch M3.3.1 ecu.  The Earlier 1993 M50 non-vanos (M3.1 ECU) is very similar but needs about 10wires shuffled around.  Unfortunatley there are at least 6 different ECU's fitted to the E36 and they all have different pinouts.  It can also be made to work with the S50B32 (Siemens MS50.1) but quite a few wires need to be moved and some new wires added for the vanos solenoids.