Plug In ECU Setup/Start Up Map settings

Explode64

Hi

I am setting up my G4+ RX7 s6 plug in for the first time.

I am trying to adjust the base map to accommodate the changes I have made to my setup before I unlock the ECU and start calibrating as per the plug in manual https://linkecu.com/documentation/RX7S6+.pdf

I am no longer using the fuel temp, instead I have changed this to Oil temp and using a bosch 0 280 130 026 sensor. I have changed AN3 to engine oil temp and selected STD Bosch NTC. Is this the correct calibration for this sensor?

I am also running Honeywell 150 PSI Pressure sensors on AN5 and AN6 PX3AN2BH150PSAAX.  Do I use CAL 4 to set this?

The car is running 4x IGN-1A coils in direct fire. I have wired pin 87 to the rear leading coil. And set the ignition mode to Rotary leading direct. Where do I tell the ecu that the 4th ignition output is pin 87? Or is this done automatically? I see when I have the ignition set to Rotary leading direct that ignition 4 is locked but still says AC clutch with a padlock symbol.

Also I have moved my AC relay from pin 87 to pin 52. I have changed injector driver 7 to AC clutch is this correct?

The final big change is that the car now has 1000cc primary and 1650cc secondary injectors. Should the base may be ok to start the car and let it idle or will I need to adjust some other setting to prevent it from being too rich?

My goal is to get the car idling before I take it to a dyno tuner so I can find any little issues now and not when it’s on the dyno and wont start or leaking oil etc

Mazda RX7 Plug In Start up tune.pclr

4 hours ago, Explode64 said:

using a bosch 0 280 130 026 sensor. I have changed AN3 to engine oil temp and selected STD Bosch NTC. Is this the correct calibration for this sensor?

Yep.

I am also running Honeywell 150 PSI Pressure sensors on AN5 and AN6 PX3AN2BH150PSAAX.  Do I use CAL 4 to set this?

Just choose the "1000Kpa TI sensor" calibration from the drop down list, this matches your sensor.

The car is running 4x IGN-1A coils in direct fire. I have wired pin 87 to the rear leading coil. And set the ignition mode to Rotary leading direct. Where do I tell the ecu that the 4th ignition output is pin 87? Or is this done automatically? I see when I have the ignition set to Rotary leading direct that ignition 4 is locked but still says AC clutch with a padlock symbol.

The ignition drive will get re-assigned automatically when you load the map into the ecu.  No further config is needed from you.

Also I have moved my AC relay from pin 87 to pin 52. I have changed injector driver 7 to AC clutch is this correct?

Yep.

The final big change is that the car now has 1000cc primary and 1650cc secondary injectors. Should the base may be ok to start the car and let it idle or will I need to adjust some other setting to prevent it from being too rich?

You will most likely need to adjust the "Master fuel" number, you dont need to be too scientific about it, just adjust it up or down until it runs smooth.  I would also go to the staged injection settings and change the Sec/Pri ratio to 1.65.  I would also adjust your staging table to look like this:

5x98j5.png

Hi Adam

Thanks for the advice above.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, Adamw said:

Just choose the "1000Kpa TI sensor" calibration from the drop down list, this matches your sensor.

I got the ecu running and I got an error on AN5 under voltage, what min and max voltage should I have when setting up this input? I put in 0.5v and 4.5V

I also got the same error for AN4 the factory 02 sensor. is this the sign of a dead sensor?

My last error was AN2 Oil meter pump position sensor. Is the oil meter pump set up in the bse map? could this be the cause of the error?

I didn't start the engine just unlocked the ecu, calibrate the TPS and MAP then loaded the modified base map.

Any suggestions on why I may have got the errors?

7 hours ago, Explode64 said:

I also got the same error for AN4 the factory 02 sensor. is this the sign of a dead sensor?

Narrow band sensors output 0V until they are up to operating temperature so you will need to set the AN V4 error low to 0V.

7 hours ago, Explode64 said:

My last error was AN2 Oil meter pump position sensor. Is the oil meter pump set up in the bse map? could this be the cause of the error?

Start at step 6 below to check the calibration is correct and it is functioning correctly:

wvdb2h.png