G4 Storm Trigger 1 issue with just ign on

rusty 188

Ls1 have been having trigger 1 issues which trigger rev limiter at intermittent rev range. Fitted new crank and cam sensor with no change.

Both triggers wired to 8v output.

Today engine would not start, and with ignition on and not cranking fuel pump was being repetitively triggered and injectors were going crazy.

I have attached a data log, any suggestions please.

Bryan

ign on only3.llg

your Trig2 is stuck at 8 volts (maybe as a result of the pull-up I guess, a crank log would help) .  Have you checked the wiring to the sensor and the pinouts to make sure you haven't got a short to the supply or a missing ground?   

You only have 50mV of noise on Trig1 which is acceptable

Check your shields are connected (at ECU end only) to sensor ground

crank test log and the map would help.

HTH,

Richard.

I have saved a cranking data log and trigger scope, with fuel pump relay removed and the engine is firing and trying to run,  sounds like if I fit fuel relay it will run.

I will check shields are connected.

This is a fresh install LS1 in Porsche 944T  running same G4+ and had no issues with Porsche turbo motor. 

Dyno tuned with no problems, test day at track no problem, issues started at first race meeting, and have gradually got worse.

This is your problem here:

btIebzE.png

This should be sitting near zero volt or near 8V depending on whether the sensor was pointing at a tooth or not.  The trigger arms at 1.5 and triggers at 1.2V so you are bouncing above and below that causing it to trigger.

That could be caused by a poor ground or a sensor issue I guess.  Can you unplug the crank sensor and use a small jumper wire or paperclip to short the signal wire to the ground wire and do another scope to see if it is then sitting at 0V.

Thanks Adam,

I will do signal wire to ground later in the week, unfortunately I have to remove headers and starter to excess crank sensor plug.

Thanks Richard,

I am OPT/Hall sensor trigger settings and I can not find trigger arming threshold tables in this configuration, I think this option is only available in reluctor trigger type settings ??

24 minutes ago, rusty 188 said:

I am OPT/Hall sensor trigger settings and I can not find trigger arming threshold tables in this configuration, I think this option is only available in reluctor trigger type settings ??

Correct, there is no user adjustable arming threshold for hall/optical mode, it is fixed at 1.2/1.5ish volts.